Virtual Safeguarding Supervision Training
Date & Time:
THIS TRAINING IS FOR PROFESSIOANLS WORKING WITH PORTSMOUTH CHILDREN AND FAMALIES AND WILL FOCUS ON PORTSMOUTH PROCESS AND PRACTICE. IF YOU DO NOT WORK IN PORTSMOUTH PLEASE VISIT YOUR RESPECTIVE SAFEGUARDNG PARTNERSHIP FOR TRAINING
(to complete the course you have to do the full day training which is both the morning and afternoon session)
Aim: To ensure consistency of approach in the supervision of people who work to safeguard children in Portsmouth and to provide supervisors with the skills to deliver 4LSCB Supervision Standards.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Define what constitutes effective safeguarding supervision and its relationship to keeping children safe
- Describe 4LSCB Supervision Standards
- Be able to use the reflective Supervision cycle and understand how it can be used as a model to facilitate effective supervision in both individual and group sessions
- Know how to use a tool to help staff evaluate and analyse information and use this analysis to inform decision making where there are concerns about a child
- Describe the role of the supervisor within the safeguarding system.
Who is it for? This course is for managers/supervisors who have a role in providing safeguarding children supervision, support and guidance for practitioners.
Time: This is a one day taught course
Certificate: You will receive a certificate at the end of the day.
Prerequisite: To have completed Basic Safeguarding or equivalent within 3 years; Early help & Child Protection training or equivalent experience. To be in a supervisory role