An Introduction to Children who go missing from home / care
Date & Time:
This training has been developed by Hampshire, they have kindly made it available to Portsmouth colleagues
- Understand the definition of missing.
- Develop awareness of the process of reporting a child missing and responses.
- Understand the purpose of Return Home Interviews / Missing Conversations and how these help inform planning.
- Understand the role of push and pull factors.
- Highlight some of the risks which can be associated with missing episodes.
- Reflect on professional considerations for practice.
- Provide details of Local Authority points of contact in relation to missing children.