Preventing Online Child Sexual Exploitation (Thinkuknow)
Date & Time:
THIS TRAINING IS FOR PROFESSIOANLS WORKING WITH PORTSMOUTH CHILDREN AND FAMILIES AND WILL FOCUS ON PORTSMOUTH PROCESS AND PRACTICE. IF YOU DO NOT WORK IN PORTSMOUTH PLEASE VISIT YOUR RESPECTIVE SAFEGUARDNG PARTNERSHIP FOR TRAINING
CEOP - Child Exploitation Online Protection
Aim: To empower the children and families workforce to help keep children safe online.
Who is it for? All professionals working directly with children and young people where they have the opportunity to educate on online safety particuarly around exploitation. Group / Education settings.
By the end of the course, you will be able to
- To know what CEOP is, their role and how to report online sexual abuse
- To identify potential online risk to children - Sexual Exploitation and Peer on Peer abuse
- To develop a better understanding of the online world that children access
- To understand the factors which impact on children sharing images of themselves
- To know what resources are available to parents and carers
- To have access to 'Thinkuknow' resources to aid direct work with children and young people
Time: The course is run over 2 seperate 3 1/4 hour sessions. Both sessions must be attended to gain certification
Certificate: Attendance all all sessions is mandatory to qualify. You will receive a certificate on completion of evaluation on line.
Prerequisite: PRE COURSE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A IDENTIFICATION LETTER & DISCLAIMER TO PSCPTRAINING@PORTSMOUTHCC.GOV.UK. YOU WILL FIND TEMPLATES IN YOUR PRE COURSE MATERIAL WHEN SIGNING UP.