Virtual Early Help Training
Date & Time:
(to complete the course you have to do the full day training which is both the morning and afternoon session)
Aim: To support and equip key professionals with knowledge and skills to undertake 'early help' practice
Who is it for? The Early Help Module is for key professionals in organisations who take a lead in embedding good 'early help' practice - using the early help assessment, Team around the Child processes and the Lead Professional role.
- Know how the Restorative Approach can support and enable families to identify the problems which they face and find their own solutions
- Understand the Early Help Assessment (EHA) process and practice in Portsmouth
- Be familiar with using the EHA and understand how to use the tools which have been developed to support this practice
- Recognise the significance of neglect in Portsmouth and the impact of other parental factors such as substance misuse, domestic abuse & mental health
- Devise an outcome focussed plan with the family
- Identify the knowledge and skills necessary for the lead professional role and effective contribution at TAC/F meetings
Time: This is a one day course. We offer this training once per month during term-time. Please note that lunch is not provided.
Certificate: Full attendance is mandatory to qualify. You will receive a certificate on completion of evaluation on line.
Prerequisite: To have completed Basic Safeguarding or equivalent experience within 3 years