Introduction to the Youth Justice System
Date & Time:
This course is delivered by Lisa Morgan, Service Leader, Portsmouth YOT
Aim: To raise awareness of the agencies and processes involved and, more specifically, to explain how the local Youth Offending Team delivers it services.
- To be able identify the key agencies involved within the Youth Justice System, and their function.
- To demonstrate an understanding of how the local Youth Offending Team delivers it services.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the disposals children can be made subject to when they come into conflict with the law.
- To be able to explain some of the key issues faced by children who come into conflict with the law.
- To recognise how your own work can contribute to the prevention of offending and re-offending by children.
Who is it for: Any frontline practitioners who are working predominantly with children aged 8 and above and/or their parents/carers; particularly those who may come into contact with the Youth Justice System.
Time: This is a half day course
Certificate: Full attendance is mandatory to qualify for a certificate which you will receive on completion of evaluation on line.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Make way to floor 1, ring HR bell, explain what training you are there for