Introduction to the Youth Justice System
Date & Time:
This course is delivered by Lisa Morgan, Service Leader, Portsmouth YOT
Aim: To raise awareness of the agencies and processes involved and, more specifically, to explain how the local Youth Offending Team delivers it services.
- To be able identify the key agencies involved within the Youth Justice System, and their function.
- To demonstrate an understanding of how the local Youth Offending Team delivers it services.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the disposals children can be made subject to when they come into conflict with the law.
- To be able to explain some of the key issues faced by children who come into conflict with the law.
- To recognise how your own work can contribute to the prevention of offending and re-offending by children.
Who is it for: Any frontline practitioners who are working predominantly with children aged 8 and above and/or their parents/carers; particularly those who may come into contact with the Youth Justice System.
Time: This is a half day course
Certificate: Full attendance is mandatory to qualify for a certificate which you will receive on completion of evaluation on line.
Make way to floor 1, ring HR bell, explain what training you are there for